Stricter Sanctions for Drivers Without Vignettes
We are introducing a compensatory fee as a penalty for drivers who are driving without a vignette sticker, announced Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova.
Some of the measures against drivers without vignettes will include stopping the vehicle from traffic, the payment of a penalty fee and payment effected on the spot. The amount of the penalty is sufficiently serious to discourage drivers from travelling without vignettes, announced the press centre of the ministry.
Pavlova also explained that, during inspections in the summer, it was discovered that 95% of the gastarbeiter transiting Bulgaria had no vignette sticker.
The minister added that the penalty fee will be imposed and paid on the spot after which a vignette sticker valid for 24 hours will be provided to the driver.
Minister Pavlova estimated that, after the increase in the prices of vignette stickers, an additional BGN 100 M have been collected, while the total amount exceeds BGN 300 M.
In terms of the number of vignettes sold, there has also been an increase of 200,000 stickers.
On average 5 million stickers are sold annually, most of them valid for one year.
- » The Price of Water is Rising in 14 Regions of the Country
- » Police Trade Unions Will Protest Before Christmas
- » Water and Energy Regulatory Commission Decides on the Final Increasing Price of water in 14 Districts Since January 1
- » Unified Security System Will be Presented Today in Sofia
- » International Report: A Large Part of Islamic State's Weapons are Bulgarian
- » MPs will Discuss the State Debt of the Country