Bulgaria Govt OKs Oil, Gas Exploration Tender for Northwest
The cabinet has approved plans to launch a tender for oil and gas exploration in Northwestern Bulgaria, the country's poorest region.
A block located in the region of Vratsa will be open to exploration due to "interest from investors", the government has announced.
A permit will be granted for a company to look for oil and gas within "Block 1-25 Vratsa-zapad" for a period of five years, with the right to extend activities twice for a period of two years.
Assessment of offers will be made in accordance with employment, environment, training and other measures proposed with regard to the project.
- » Bulgargaz Demanded a 5% Increase in the Price of Gas
- » Electricity Production in Bulgaria is Growing more Slowly than Consumption
- » Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant can Operate Until 2047
- » The Share of "Green" Energy in Bulgaria is Increasing
- » 80% of New NPPs in 2016 Are in Asia
- » Russian Company Ready to Invest in Belene NPP