Turkish Embassy Condemns Attack on Bulgarian Helsinki Committee Chair
Turkey's Embassy in Bulgaria has issued a statement condemning the attack on Krasimir Kanev, the head of the Bulgarian Helsinki Committee who on Thursday was subjected to an attack in downtown Sofia.
The statement, sent to Novinite, reads as follows:
"We were shaken and shocked to learn the physical assault by two perpetrators on Bulgarian Helsinki Committee Chair, Mr Krassimir Kanev.
The Bulgarian Helsinki Committee is the leading civil society organization for the protection of sacrimonious human rights in Bulgaria. It is an important voice for supporting the rights of all citizens of Bulgaria - including the most vulnerable minority groups - without discrimination, and in line with the universal values of freedom of expression, and from discrimination, intolerance and intimidation.
The attack on Mr Kanev, therefore, must be viewed as deplorable by all who believe in upholding these values is an universal obligation.
While we strongly condemn this attack, we also call for a thorough and timely investigation of the assault on Mr Kanev, and encourage all concerned to join this call in condemning all forms of intolerance, discrimination, intimidation and violence."
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations