Turkey President Takes Charge of Appointing University Rectors
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will be able to appoint directly rectors of universities, Reuters reports.
The move comes as Turkey is still responding to the botched coup attempt in July, with tens of thousands of people being dismissed and tens of thousands arrested in the aftermath over suspected links to US-based Islamic cleric Fethullah G?len.
Ankara blames the coup attempt on G?len and his movement, which it refers to as FET?, designating it as a terrorist organization.
Rectors of universities will now be appointed from candidates nominaed by the High Educational Board.
- » Turkish Foreign Minister Disputes Aegean Sea Borders and Sovereignty of Islands
- » Kosovo Оpposition Use Tear Gas to Delay Parliament Vote on Montenegro Border Deal
- » EU to Give Turkey More Funding to Extend Migrant Dea
- » Turkey-US Relations do not Depend on Individuals, PM Yıldırım Says After Tillerson Exit
- » Turkey has Warned Germany Over Mosque Attacks
- » Pace of Talks with FYROM Slows as Athens Waits
Well and Turkey has some tens of American nukes on its disposal... and USA cant take them back..and with the election of Clinton they will not event try for fear of failure.. i cant stop but admire the Turks.... they are returning to the ottoman traditions with American nukes in the arsenal.