Protest in Bulgaria's Yambol over Construction of Migrant Center
The building of a migrant center near the village of Boyanovo, Yambol has sparked outrage from the local population, private bTV station reports.
Protesters are willing to stage on Saturday a blockade of the international road 7 leading to Turkey, which passes just kilometers away from the village, unless plans to set up the camp are abandoned.
The new migrant center, which will operate under a restricted movement regime, will be built on the premises of old barracks.
Police presence will be secured around the clock.
But locals' awareness was raised by rumours that apartment blocks in the village formerly used by the military would also be used to accommodate migrants.
Residents seek to raise awareness of possible petty crime and incidents in the area after the arrival of migrants.
Boyanovo has a population of nearly 700 people, but inhabitants of nearby towns and villages are also expected to join.
- » 63% of Bulgarians Approve Government's Willingness to Build Belene NPP
- » Sofia Municipality has Terminated an Order for BGN 40 Million for a Priority Project
- » Guaranteed Мinimum Income will Rise to BGN 75 From January 1, 2018
- » 5400 Positions in the Bulgarian Army are Vacant
- » More than 208 000 Unemployed People have Started Work From January to October
- » MPs will Again Discuss the Budget Law of the National Health Insurance Fund For 2018