Bulgaria's Nuclear Institute: New Cyclotron To Become Operational in 2 Years
The new modern cyclotron at the Institute for Nuclear Research and Nuclear Energy with the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAN) is expected to become operational within two years.
The equipment for it was manufactured and delivered to Bulgaria in January 2016 and it was as early as then that the construction of a special building for the cyclotron was announced. The cyclotron was supposed to become operational in 2017.
On Thursday, after the visit of PM Boyko Borisov, however, it became clear that the announcement of a public procurement order for the construction is still due, while the money for it – BGN 3M – was granted on Wednesday by the Council of Ministers.
The apparatus which will produce isotopes for the diagnostics and treatment of cancer patients in Bulgaria, and perhaps neighbouring countries, was purchased for BGN 6 M via a BGN 3 M donation from the US Energy Department, BGN 2 M from the Kozloduy NPP (2012) and BGN 1 M from the budget of the Education Ministry.
- » Nearly a Million Bulgarians have Health Problems
- » The Project for National Healthcare Card in Bulgaria is Ready
- » "Exercise in Your Town" - Sports Initiative in Sofia This Saturday
- » 46 People have Died of Measles in Romania
- » 719 Thousand Bulgarians Have no Health Insurance
- » BBC: Yulia Skripal is Conscious and Talking