Service Life of Unit 5 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Extended Until 2047
The deadline for the exploitation of the fifth unit of the Kozloduy nuclear power plant has been extended until 2047.
This became clear after the official exchange of the final documents on the project.
The minutes were signed by the General Director of Kozloduy NPP Ivan Andreev and the General Director of AO Rusatom Servis Evgeny Salkov.
The meeting was also attended by Bulgarian Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova.
“The two units of Kozloduy NPP produce 33% of the energy in the country. Extending their operation is one of the priorities in the energy sector,” stated Petkova.
“Extending the service life of unit 5 and unit 6 will guarantee consumers access to electric energy at competitive prices. It will also guarantee the competitiveness of Bulgarian businesses,” added the minister.
With respect to the arbitration case regarding the Belene NPP, Minister Petkova announced that she expects Bulgaria to pay Russia the full amount owed by the middle of December.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe