Service Life of Unit 5 of Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Extended Until 2047
The deadline for the exploitation of the fifth unit of the Kozloduy nuclear power plant has been extended until 2047.
This became clear after the official exchange of the final documents on the project.
The minutes were signed by the General Director of Kozloduy NPP Ivan Andreev and the General Director of AO Rusatom Servis Evgeny Salkov.
The meeting was also attended by Bulgarian Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova.
“The two units of Kozloduy NPP produce 33% of the energy in the country. Extending their operation is one of the priorities in the energy sector,” stated Petkova.
“Extending the service life of unit 5 and unit 6 will guarantee consumers access to electric energy at competitive prices. It will also guarantee the competitiveness of Bulgarian businesses,” added the minister.
With respect to the arbitration case regarding the Belene NPP, Minister Petkova announced that she expects Bulgaria to pay Russia the full amount owed by the middle of December.
- » China's Largest State-owned Nuclear Power Company is Interested in Belene NPP
- » Bulgaria Launches Natural Gas Hub Project with EU Support
- » European Energy Forum in Sofia
- » New Air-Electric Line Will be Built Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » CEZ will Explore Possibilities for Bulgarian State to Participate in the Deal
- » The Ministry of Energy will Check the Heating in Pernik