Bulgaria Ransk Last in Europe in Terms of Organ Donors
More than 30 transplants have been carried out in Bulgaria since the beginning of 2016.
At the same time, 1,085 people are waiting for organ transplants – most of them need a kidney.
These figures rank Bulgaria second to last in terms of the number of transplants and last in terms of the number of donors in all of Europe.
The state must create conditions for the development of transplantation, argued the Director of the Executive Agency for Transplantation Mariyana Simeonova.
- » 42% of Cancer Cases in the United States are due to Unhealthy Lifestyles
- » Medical Establishments in Bulgaria are Out of Influenza Vaccines
- » The Sale of 21 Tonnes of Unfit Meat has been Stopped
- » Equal Access to Medicines is a Priority for Bulgaria and the Netherlands
- » 460 000 Bulgarians Live with Diabetes
- » Decorated Cups Could be Potentially Harmful