Bulgaria Ransk Last in Europe in Terms of Organ Donors
More than 30 transplants have been carried out in Bulgaria since the beginning of 2016.
At the same time, 1,085 people are waiting for organ transplants – most of them need a kidney.
These figures rank Bulgaria second to last in terms of the number of transplants and last in terms of the number of donors in all of Europe.
The state must create conditions for the development of transplantation, argued the Director of the Executive Agency for Transplantation Mariyana Simeonova.
- » Health Minister is Preparing New Health Insurance Model
- » Municipal Hospitals are Planning New Protests
- » Dentists Urge the State to Fund the Treatment of Children, Pregnant Women and Emergency Cases
- » About 10% of the Schools in the Country do not have an Assigned Nurse
- » Parents Organize a Protest to Save the Children's Cardiology Clinic
- » Prof. Kantardzhiev: Currently, at Least 120,000 People in Bulgaria have the Flu