Bulgaria Ranks 53rd Among 113 Countries According to Rule of Law Index
Bulgaria ranked 53rd out of 113 countries surveyed worldwide, according to the Rule of Law Index of the World Justice Project (WJP).
The index ranks countries according to the way the rule of law is perceived by the general public.
The report uses 44 indicators in eight rule of law categories, namely constraints on government power, absence of corruption, open government, fundamental rights, order and security, regulatory enforcement, civil justice and criminal justice.
Bulgaria ranks 24th out of 24 countries in the regional ranking in terms of its overall rule of law performance. The regional ranking includes countries from the European Union, the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and North America.
Bulgaria is 15th according to the rule of law index among 37 high-income countries.
Bulgaria’s ranking is the lowest in the regional category, and medium in the global and income categories.
In terms of the absence of corruption category, Bulgaria ranks 24th out of 24 countries in the regional ranking, 31st among 37 countries in the income ranking and 79th out of 113 countries surveyed worldwide.
The situation is similar with respect to the constraints on government power ranking where Bulgaria is 23rd out of 24 countries regionally, 23rd out of 37 high-income countries and 80th out of 113 countries worldwide.
Albeit not ranking particularly high, Bulgaria performs best in the open government category.
The country is 22nd regionally, 9th among high-income countries and 40th worldwide.
- » Trucks will Pay a Toll Tax on About 55% of the Country's Roads
- » Further € 109 m Will Be Invested in Border Region between Bulgaria and Romania
- » 2/3 of the Bulgaria's Pedestrian Crossings do not Meet the Requirements
- » Road Agency: Nearly 440 Snow Removal Machines are Clearing the Roads
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body