EU Audit Office: Bulgaria With Perfect Record in 2015 Cohesion Policy Projects
Bulgaria is among the countries without any mistakes in the management of projects under the cohesion policy of the EU, showed the annual report of the European Court of Auditors on the implementation of the European budget for 2015, presented to the Council of Ministers by the Bulgarian representative in the institution Iliana Ivanova.
“For the second consecutive year, no mistakes were discovered with respect to the audited operations on cohesion policy implemented in Bulgaria. For 2015, Bulgaria found itself in the audit sample of the Declaration of Assurance with 9 operations on cohesion policy, while 8 operations were checked in 2014. For the entire European budget, the total calculated percentage of mistakes concerning this type of policy is 5.2%,” commented Ivanova.
Cohesion policy – the policy of bringing the EU closer together, is one of main sources of financial assistance for investments in growth and employment, and Bulgaria is among the member-states which receive the most funds, added Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev.
“Being perfect and the only member-state without any mistakes in all inspected activities on cohesion policy for 2015 is a sign that the system is working in Bulgaria and that our institutions deserve EU trust,” added Donchev.
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Informal Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers Starts Today in Sofia
- » German Politician Opposed the Accession of Bulgaria to Schengen
- » The Website of the Bulgarian Presidency is Translated Automatically into 24 Languages
- » An Informal Meeting of Tourism Ministers From the European Union will be Held Today in Sofia
- » Maria Gabriel: There is no Reason For not Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen