Bulgaria’s Pavlikeni To Revitalise Antique Ceramics Centre
A project to the amount of BGN 1.5 M has been launched for the revitalisation of the Antique Ceramics Centre near Pavlikeni.
The Mayor of Pavlikeni Emanuil Manolov announced that the purpose of the project is to bring back to life the historical site and turn it into a focal point of cultural and artistic tourism.
In 2014, Pavlikeni Municipality applied with a project for the Antique Ceramics Centre to the Ministry of Culture under the Cultural Heritage and Contemporary Arts Programme financed by the Financial Mechanism of the European Economic Area (EEA) 2009-2014, with Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein as donors.
A year later, the application was approved for 100% gratuitous financial assistance to the amount of EUR 736,337.90
The project envisages several activities for the modernisation of the archeological site. Life in the Roman villa and the ancient ceramics centre will be presented through the combination of various types of interactive technologies. There will be 3D mapping animation which will be displayed on a special surface. Besides that, 3D images of objects and architecture discovered during the excavations will be displayed via a glass pyramid-hologram.
Tourists will be directed to sites of cultural and historical heritage via a smartphone application.
The Antique Ceramics Center will also host scientific events for students and archeologists related to the statistical processing of ceramics and 3D display of archeological findings.
The deadline for the implementation of the project is April 30, 2017.
- » The Ancient Egypt Museum in Cairo Shows the "Screaming Mummy"
- » A Tile with the Oldest Script in the World is Found Near Nova Zagora
- » Archaeologists have Discovered Ancient Facilities for Beer and Bread Production
- » Israeli Archaeologists have Discovered a 1800 Years Old Mosaic
- » Historical Mosques in Bulgaria Awaiting Restoration
- » Fortress Tower of Odessos Found by Chance in Bulgaria’s Varna Affirms Data about Odd Byzantine District Quaestura Exercitus