Bulgaria's Energy Minister To Discuss Belene Payment in Moscow
Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova is travelling to Moscow to discuss the forthcoming steps concerning the fulfillment of the decision of the Arbitration Court on the Belene nuclear power plant.
In June, Bulgaria was sentenced to pay EUR 620 M for equipment ordered from Russia. The daily interest is EUR 167,000.
Two days ago, Parliament approved state aid to the National Electric Company (NEK) with which it has to cover the debt. Brussels’ decision on the issue is expected soon.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria expects to see on the spot the manufactured equipment which the country has to pay for.
The Bulgarian delegation will include representatives of the Bulgarian Energy Holding and NEK. They will negotiate with the State Corporation for Nuclear energy of the Russian Federation Rosatom and Atomstroyexport.
This will be the second meeting of the working group. They met a month ago in Sofia.
- » Bulgargaz Demanded a 5% Increase in the Price of Gas
- » Electricity Production in Bulgaria is Growing more Slowly than Consumption
- » Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant can Operate Until 2047
- » The Share of "Green" Energy in Bulgaria is Increasing
- » 80% of New NPPs in 2016 Are in Asia
- » Russian Company Ready to Invest in Belene NPP