Bulgaria's Energy Minister To Discuss Belene Payment in Moscow
Energy Minister Temenuzhka Petkova is travelling to Moscow to discuss the forthcoming steps concerning the fulfillment of the decision of the Arbitration Court on the Belene nuclear power plant.
In June, Bulgaria was sentenced to pay EUR 620 M for equipment ordered from Russia. The daily interest is EUR 167,000.
Two days ago, Parliament approved state aid to the National Electric Company (NEK) with which it has to cover the debt. Brussels’ decision on the issue is expected soon.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria expects to see on the spot the manufactured equipment which the country has to pay for.
The Bulgarian delegation will include representatives of the Bulgarian Energy Holding and NEK. They will negotiate with the State Corporation for Nuclear energy of the Russian Federation Rosatom and Atomstroyexport.
This will be the second meeting of the working group. They met a month ago in Sofia.
- » Azerbaijan Ready to Invest in Bulgaria’s gasification
- » The Average Value of Heat Invoices For Household Customers of EVN Heating Company in December 2017 is BGN 80.32
- » Tesla Began the Serial Production of Solar Roofs
- » Minister of Energy: There are no Grounds for Raising the Price of Electricity
- » Bulgaria's NPP Kozloduy Opens 21.2 mln Euro Repair
- » Russia has Delivered the First Quantities of Liquefied Gas in the UK