Slovakia Dispatches 25 Border Police Officers to Bulgaria
Twenty-five Slovak police officers will help Bulgaria protect is border with Turkey as part of the effort to tackle the migrant crisis in Europe.
The officers will be deployed for at least a month and will later be replaced by colleagues, news website Dnevnik.bg reports, citing the officials Slovak news agency, TASR.
The move comes nearly a week after the official launch of the European Border and Coast Guard on October 06.
The structure, which is virtually an expansion of Frontex in terms of size and mandate, is expected to have some 1000 staff and a EUR 320 M budget by 2020.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd in Utilisation of EU Funds for SMEs
- » Bulgaria Remains Among 12 Countries Subject to Special Monitoring
- » Interim Govt Not To Nominate Bulgarian EU Commissioner
- » Bulgaria Requests Opening of Voting Sections in 17 German Cities
- » President Radev, PM Gerdzhikov To Discuss EU Commissioner Nomination
- » Bulgaria Govt Sending Mixed Signals about Next EU Commissioner Pick