Slovakia Dispatches 25 Border Police Officers to Bulgaria
Twenty-five Slovak police officers will help Bulgaria protect is border with Turkey as part of the effort to tackle the migrant crisis in Europe.
The officers will be deployed for at least a month and will later be replaced by colleagues, news website Dnevnik.bg reports, citing the officials Slovak news agency, TASR.
The move comes nearly a week after the official launch of the European Border and Coast Guard on October 06.
The structure, which is virtually an expansion of Frontex in terms of size and mandate, is expected to have some 1000 staff and a EUR 320 M budget by 2020.
- » EC Survey: Bulgaria in the Top 3 of the Most Racist Countries in Europe
- » Meglena Kuneva is Nominated for a New Position in Brussels
- » According to New Research, Bulgaria is the Laziest Nation in the EU
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria