Slovakia Dispatches 25 Border Police Officers to Bulgaria
Twenty-five Slovak police officers will help Bulgaria protect is border with Turkey as part of the effort to tackle the migrant crisis in Europe.
The officers will be deployed for at least a month and will later be replaced by colleagues, news website Dnevnik.bg reports, citing the officials Slovak news agency, TASR.
The move comes nearly a week after the official launch of the European Border and Coast Guard on October 06.
The structure, which is virtually an expansion of Frontex in terms of size and mandate, is expected to have some 1000 staff and a EUR 320 M budget by 2020.
- » Prime Minister Borisov: Bulgaria will Provide EUR 500 000 to the Trust Fund for Africa
- » Donald Tusk Proposes Sofia to Host a Western Balkans Summit
- » 55% of Bulgarians are Optimistic About the EU Presidency
- » Estonia Supports Bulgaria's Entry into Schengen
- » Europe can Sue Bulgaria for Lack of Access to 112 Emergency Number for Deaf People
- » Bulgaria will be the Center of Dialogue for the Digital Single Market