Turkish President Erdogan: Iraqi PM Should Know His Limits
Turkey will not accept orders from Iraq regarding the Bashiqa military base, stated Turkish Presidet Recep Erdogan, cited by the Anadolu Agency.
During a statement within the framework of the Ninth Eurasian Islamic Council in Istanbul, Erdogan said that Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi should “know his limits” and reminded that it was Haider who asked for the presence of the Turkish military in Iraq.
The Iraqi PM requested the establishment of the military base Bashiqa during meetings with former Turkish PM Ahmet Davuto?lu.
“We have recordings of all of them (the meetings) and we will play them on TV channels today or tomorrow,” added Erdogan.
- » Terror Suspects Plotted to Attack Erdogan
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » General Strike to Disrupt Public Transport, Government Services
- » Turkey Says World Must Recognise East Jerusalem as Palestinian Capital
- » Kosovo Expexts to Have Final Peace Treaty with Serbia by the End of 2018
- » Greek President Tells Turkey's Erdogan no Treaty Revision