Turkish President Erdogan: Iraqi PM Should Know His Limits
Turkey will not accept orders from Iraq regarding the Bashiqa military base, stated Turkish Presidet Recep Erdogan, cited by the Anadolu Agency.
During a statement within the framework of the Ninth Eurasian Islamic Council in Istanbul, Erdogan said that Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi should “know his limits” and reminded that it was Haider who asked for the presence of the Turkish military in Iraq.
The Iraqi PM requested the establishment of the military base Bashiqa during meetings with former Turkish PM Ahmet Davuto?lu.
“We have recordings of all of them (the meetings) and we will play them on TV channels today or tomorrow,” added Erdogan.
- » Recep Erdogan: 'All Countries Located Close to Turkey are Part of Its Interests'
- » Turkey's Talks With U.S. on Visa Crisis Going in 'Good Direction', Erdogan Spokesman Says
- » Turnout in Today's Elections in Macedonia is 27.11% at 13:00 Local Time
- » Turkey Army Says Installing 'Observation Posts' in Syria's Idlib
- » Local Elections will be Held in the Republic of Macedonia on October 15
- » Turkey Detains 7 People Over Explosion at Tupras Refinery