Turkish President Erdogan: Iraqi PM Should Know His Limits
Turkey will not accept orders from Iraq regarding the Bashiqa military base, stated Turkish Presidet Recep Erdogan, cited by the Anadolu Agency.
During a statement within the framework of the Ninth Eurasian Islamic Council in Istanbul, Erdogan said that Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi should “know his limits” and reminded that it was Haider who asked for the presence of the Turkish military in Iraq.
The Iraqi PM requested the establishment of the military base Bashiqa during meetings with former Turkish PM Ahmet Davuto?lu.
“We have recordings of all of them (the meetings) and we will play them on TV channels today or tomorrow,” added Erdogan.
- » Turkish Foreign Minister Disputes Aegean Sea Borders and Sovereignty of Islands
- » Kosovo Оpposition Use Tear Gas to Delay Parliament Vote on Montenegro Border Deal
- » EU to Give Turkey More Funding to Extend Migrant Dea
- » Turkey-US Relations do not Depend on Individuals, PM Yıldırım Says After Tillerson Exit
- » Turkey has Warned Germany Over Mosque Attacks
- » Pace of Talks with FYROM Slows as Athens Waits