Danish Architect Jan Gehl Invited To Consult on Sofia as Green City Vision
Sofia’s Mayor Yordanka Fandakova has invited world-famous Danish architect and urbanist Jan Gehl to consult on the preparation of a long-term vision for the development of Sofia in the section ‘development of green city spaces,’ reported the press centre of Sofia Municipality.
The meeting between Fandakova and Gehl took place on Tuesday. It was attended by Sofia’s chief architect Zdravko Zdravkov, the chairwomen of the permanent commissions on territory and ecology with the Sofia Municipal Council – Silviya Hristova and Lorita Radeva.
I invited architect Jan Gehl to consult on the preparation of a long-term vision for the development of Sofia as a green city. The work will help the creation of green, quality public spaces and the preservation of the cultural-historical image of Sofia, stated Fandakova.
Thus, Bulgaria will join the elite company of New York, London, Moscow and tens of cities all over the world in terms of having sought the services of Jan Gehl Architects. The detailed research of the Danish architect on city life and good public spaces has resulted in today’s image of Copenhagen – it has one of the longest pedestrian zones and regularly ranks at the top of quality of life surveys.
Cities for People is Jan Gehl’s first book translated in Bulgarian. It was presented at the Sofia City Arts Gallery on Monday.
- » Pony Runs Faster than a Train (Video)
- » Beer Spa Center Open for Visitors (Photos and Video)
- » Film Stars Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are Separated
- » Chinese New Year 2018: What the Year of the Dog Actually Means
- » How Much Money will We Spend on Celebrating Valentines' Day
- » BNT Will Broadcast Live the Opening Ceremony of 23rd Winter Olympics