Bulgaria's Bobov Dol Miners Protest Salary Reduction, Delay
Workers at the Bobov dol mines who threatened that they will not come out of the mine as a sign of protest against the reduction in salaries and their systematic delay have to the surface.
At the moment, negotiations are taking place between the syndicates of the mines and the management of the venture, reported BNR.
A decision for effective protests has not been taken yet, announced the regional chairman of KT Podkrepa Yordanka Germanova.
The workers have made seven demands, stated Germanova. A guarantee of their salaries and fulfillment of the agreements for the lay-off of workers are among the main proposals submitted by the syndicates.
About 600 miners are to be laid off from the mine but the promises that they will be transferred to other sites in the region are merely verbal, fear the miners.
The director of the regional inspectorate for labour in Kyustendil Valentin Zlatinski is also at the mine. He confirmed that an inspection is starting of the entire documentation on the payment of salaries due to the claim of workers that these are not being paid on time.
About 1,800 people work at the Bobov dol mines.
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity
- » Industrial Production in Bulgaria Down 1.5% MoM in February
- » The Most Active Home Building Process in Sofia is in "Vitosha" District
- » Skopje Invests EUR 270 Million in 800 km of Roads
- » Financial Problems for 1/3 of the Construction Companies in Bulgaria
- » 10 Candidates Want to Make the Pipes For the Bulgaria - Greece Interconnector