Bulgaria Posts EU's Biggest Growth in Tourist Overnights for 2016
Bulgarian Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova has said the country has registered a 18% year-on-year increase in tourist overnight stays for the first six months of 2016.
This is the best result within the EU, Angelkova has told Focus Radio, citing Eurostat data.
There were more than 8 million overnights between January and June, according to the minister.
She has added revenues in tourism, at BGN 3.4B, since January, have gone up 15% in seven months if compared to the same period of last year.
Angelkova has pledged to continue her work with representatives of diplomatic missions to Bulgaria as a means to promote the country's tourism potential.
- » Ryanair Announces Their New Destination From Burgas
- » 47 500 Tourists Visited Bulgaria For Treatment Purposes
- » Bulgarian Buyers of Holiday Properties in our Country have Leveled with the Russians
- » In Q3 of 2017, 1 991.8 Thousand Bulgarian Residents Made Tourist Trips
- » Coming Soon The New Book of Peika.bg: "Mystical Walks Around Bulgaria for Extraordinary Travelers!"
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia