Bulgaria Posts EU's Biggest Growth in Tourist Overnights for 2016
Bulgarian Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova has said the country has registered a 18% year-on-year increase in tourist overnight stays for the first six months of 2016.
This is the best result within the EU, Angelkova has told Focus Radio, citing Eurostat data.
There were more than 8 million overnights between January and June, according to the minister.
She has added revenues in tourism, at BGN 3.4B, since January, have gone up 15% in seven months if compared to the same period of last year.
Angelkova has pledged to continue her work with representatives of diplomatic missions to Bulgaria as a means to promote the country's tourism potential.
- » Nearly 8.9 Million Foreign Tourists Came to Bulgaria in 2017
- » SurveyThe Most Visited Country in the World is Japan
- » Air France Workers Go on Strike for Pay Hike
- » Azerbaijan Promotes its Tourism Potential in International Fair in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Airport has Served Half a Million Passengers in January
- » 1438 Square Meters of Concrete were Removed from the Seaside of Sunny Beach Resort