Media Packages for Referendum Information Campaign May Be Spent on Regional Media, Websites
The Supreme Administrative Court has annulled the decision of the Central Election Commission concerning the regulations for the granting and spending of funds for media packages in the national referendum on November 6, 2016 in its part stipulating that the funds are intended for TVs and radios with national coverage and print media with national circulation.
The appeal was lodged by the European People’s Party.
Thus, the funds granted by the state for media packages of BGN 40,000 to initiative committees, parties and coalitions which have registered for participation in the information campaign for the national referendum and which do not have the right to state subsidies under the Law on Political Parties can be spent on media services provided by media with regional coverage and websites.
The decision of the court is final and may not be appealed.
- » 63% of Bulgarians Approve Government's Willingness to Build Belene NPP
- » Sofia Municipality has Terminated an Order for BGN 40 Million for a Priority Project
- » Guaranteed Мinimum Income will Rise to BGN 75 From January 1, 2018
- » 5400 Positions in the Bulgarian Army are Vacant
- » More than 208 000 Unemployed People have Started Work From January to October
- » MPs will Again Discuss the Budget Law of the National Health Insurance Fund For 2018