Media Packages for Referendum Information Campaign May Be Spent on Regional Media, Websites
The Supreme Administrative Court has annulled the decision of the Central Election Commission concerning the regulations for the granting and spending of funds for media packages in the national referendum on November 6, 2016 in its part stipulating that the funds are intended for TVs and radios with national coverage and print media with national circulation.
The appeal was lodged by the European People’s Party.
Thus, the funds granted by the state for media packages of BGN 40,000 to initiative committees, parties and coalitions which have registered for participation in the information campaign for the national referendum and which do not have the right to state subsidies under the Law on Political Parties can be spent on media services provided by media with regional coverage and websites.
The decision of the court is final and may not be appealed.
- » 2140 are the Candidates for 74 Junior Magistrate Positions
- » Large Luggage Can Now Also Ride for Free in Sofia's Public Transport
- » The Ombudsman Organizes a Forum for the Protection of the Rights of Orphans
- » Establishments will be Closed in the Case of Systematic Violations of the Ban on Smoking
- » The Water Agency Stops Pumping Water in Three Areas of Sofia
- » Bulgaria Commemorates the 145th Anniversary of the Death of Vasil Levski