Vehicles' Harmful Emissions To Be Measured in Sofia on October 7
As of 10:00 hrs on October 7, an operation will be launched for measuring harmful emissions from exhaust gasses of vehicles in Sofia.
The initiative is organised by the Diabetes Type 2 Association and the Climate Coalition – Bulgaria.
Units of Road Police – Sofia and the Executive Agency Automobile Administration will participate in the operation. They will be located at the entry and exit points of Sofia near Botevgradsko Chause Blvd and will measure emissions, exhaust gases of passing vehicles via gas analysers.
Vehicles with emissions above permissible levels will be banned from traffic.
In September, the World Health Organisation published data on fine particles pollution-related mortality rates in various countries. According to the data, Bulgaria ranks second in the world in terms of the number of deaths per 100,000 people caused by fine particles pollution.
- » Emergency Measures: Video Recorders and Seat Belts in the Public Transport
- » Bulgarian PM Calls an Extraordinary Meeting due to the Car Crashes Near Lovech
- » Municipalityof Pernik Will Organize the Transport of the Victims of the Severe Catastrophe Near Lovech
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker
- » Speaker of the National Assembly Dimitar Glavchev Resigned
- » 402 Cases of Violence Against Children and 39 Cases of Violence Against Teachers in 2017