Vehicles' Harmful Emissions To Be Measured in Sofia on October 7
As of 10:00 hrs on October 7, an operation will be launched for measuring harmful emissions from exhaust gasses of vehicles in Sofia.
The initiative is organised by the Diabetes Type 2 Association and the Climate Coalition – Bulgaria.
Units of Road Police – Sofia and the Executive Agency Automobile Administration will participate in the operation. They will be located at the entry and exit points of Sofia near Botevgradsko Chause Blvd and will measure emissions, exhaust gases of passing vehicles via gas analysers.
Vehicles with emissions above permissible levels will be banned from traffic.
In September, the World Health Organisation published data on fine particles pollution-related mortality rates in various countries. According to the data, Bulgaria ranks second in the world in terms of the number of deaths per 100,000 people caused by fine particles pollution.
- » Trucks will Pay a Toll Tax on About 55% of the Country's Roads
- » Further € 109 m Will Be Invested in Border Region between Bulgaria and Romania
- » 2/3 of the Bulgaria's Pedestrian Crossings do not Meet the Requirements
- » Road Agency: Nearly 440 Snow Removal Machines are Clearing the Roads
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body