Nine Bulgarians Arrested for Distributing Over Counterfeit EUR 3 M
Nine Bulgarians have been detained as part of a criminal group which distributed and put into circulation fake bank notes of EUR 50 and EUR 100, announced the chief of the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office Ivan Geshev.
Investigators from Europol and Chief Directorate Combating Organised Crime attacked the printing facilities of the criminal group in the industrial zone of the city of Plovdiv. The detainees were discovered at addresses in Sofia and Plovdiv, and some of them were caught while selling the fake bank notes.
The total amount of counterfeit money found after the searches is over EUR 3 M.
One of the detainees is known to the investigators because he has been tried in Germany for counterfeiting money.
The aim of the group was to look for a market for the fake bank notes, added Secretary General of the Interior Ministry Georgi Kostov. He specified that the group has been followed for the last five months.
- » The Repairs of the National Palace of Culture will End by Christmas
- » "Parents - Conflicts - Aggression and Child Protection" is the Topic of a Round Table in the National Assembly Today
- » The Municipality of Plovdiv will Make a New Large Park
- » Citizens Unhappy with New Anti-parking Poles in the Tunnel of the National Palace of Culture
- » Crucial Week For the State Budget
- » Bulgaria Fulfilled All the Criteria For Entry into Schengen, Bulgarian Foreign Minister