Bulgaria to Test Warning Siren Systems on October 03
The civil defense sirens of Bulgaria are to be tested in 11 Bulgarian cities on Friday.
At 13:00 local time, an alert message will sound all across the towns and cities of Burgas, Varna, Vratsa, Kardzhali, Montana, Pazardzhik, Pleven, Plovdiv, Ruse, Smolyan, and Sofia.
Every year the test also comprises the 30-km zone around the Kozloduy Nuclear Plant.
There are two tests of the civil defense sirens annually, the next one being on April 01.
The test is carried out according the Order for Early Warnings and Announcement of Disasters. The goal is to make a check of the technical state of the sirens and for the citizens to be aware and able to recognize their sound.
The sirens will be accompanied by information in Bulgarian. There will be also a signal marking the end of the emergency alert.
- » Environmentalists will Hold a Symbolic Demonstration before the Council of Ministers Building
- » Ursula K Le Guin, Sci-fi and Fantasy Author, Dies Aged 88
- » Since Today the Districts of Vidin and Stara Zagora Are Also in a Flu Epidemic
- » It will be Mostly Sunny Today with Maximum Temperatures Between -2°C and 3°C
- » More than 150 People were Evacuated after an Avalanche in Italy
- » Antiquity, Medieval Artifacts Found by Accident Show Bulgaria’s Troyan Monastery May Be Much Older