Bulgaria to Test Warning Siren Systems on October 03
The civil defense sirens of Bulgaria are to be tested in 11 Bulgarian cities on Friday.
At 13:00 local time, an alert message will sound all across the towns and cities of Burgas, Varna, Vratsa, Kardzhali, Montana, Pazardzhik, Pleven, Plovdiv, Ruse, Smolyan, and Sofia.
Every year the test also comprises the 30-km zone around the Kozloduy Nuclear Plant.
There are two tests of the civil defense sirens annually, the next one being on April 01.
The test is carried out according the Order for Early Warnings and Announcement of Disasters. The goal is to make a check of the technical state of the sirens and for the citizens to be aware and able to recognize their sound.
The sirens will be accompanied by information in Bulgarian. There will be also a signal marking the end of the emergency alert.
- » Avalanche Buried 10 Climbers on Mongolian Peak Odon Tanger
- » Winter Road Maintenance Begins from November 1
- » Budget 2018 Envisages Additional 400 mln for Healthcare
- » From 2019 90% of the Territory of Bulgaria will be Protected from Hailstorms
- » Taxi Crashed into the Car of the Leader of the Bulgarian Socialist Party
- » 40% of the Places in the Higher Education Institutions in Bulgaria Remain Vacant