Azerbaijan, Bulgaria Agree on Gas Deliveries from 2020
Azerbaijan with supply Bulgaria with gas that will be destined for the "Balkan Gas Hub", according to the Bulgarian Energy Ministry.
The decision was taken at the 4th intergovernmental committee in Baku, where 2020 was confirmed as a beginning.
A protocol that will pave the way for a study into gas deliveries options to third countries was also signed at the meeting.
Gas from Shah Deniz 2, a deposit in Azerbaijan, will flow via Bulgaria's interconnectors with Turkey and Greece starting from 2023, the statement also reads.
The Balkan Gas Hub, however, is a project with no clear timetable which the Bulgarian government has voiced intention to carry through, but which the EU Commission warns should not be executed before Bulgaria completes its gas links.
Deputy Energy Minister Zhecho Stankov, who participates in the delegation, has also said Azerbaijan has shown interest in Bulgaria's gas deposit of Chiren.
- » Public Discussions on Gas Extraction in the Dobrudzha Region
- » Random Inspections Indicate Good Preparation of Network Electric Operators for the Winter
- » Just One Marine Wind Turbine Farm can Power the Whole World
- » Large Scale Power Outages in Sofia from Today
- » Europe will Receive Azerbaijani Gas in 2020
- » Gazprom does not Exclude the Possibility of Building New Gas Pipelines for Europe