Pensioners Account For 6% of Tourism Proceeds in Bulgaria
Pensioners are merely 10% of the tourists in Bulgaria, while the EU average is 20%, reported Eurostat.
Two-thirds of the pensioners on holiday in Bulgaria are Bulgarians and 30% are foreigners. Pensioners account for 6% of the proceeds in the tourism sector. In 2014, they have contributed EUR 35.6 M to the tourism industry or EUR 21 per day (13.6% less than other holiday-makers).
In the EU pensioners spend about 13% less than other people on holiday.
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay