Pensioners Account For 6% of Tourism Proceeds in Bulgaria
Pensioners are merely 10% of the tourists in Bulgaria, while the EU average is 20%, reported Eurostat.
Two-thirds of the pensioners on holiday in Bulgaria are Bulgarians and 30% are foreigners. Pensioners account for 6% of the proceeds in the tourism sector. In 2014, they have contributed EUR 35.6 M to the tourism industry or EUR 21 per day (13.6% less than other holiday-makers).
In the EU pensioners spend about 13% less than other people on holiday.
- » Bansko Ski Center is Shut Down Due to Hurricane Wind
- » Amsterdam's Schiphol Scraps Flights as Storm Disrupts Public Transport
- » Number of Tourists From Greece Who Cisited Bulgaria is Over 1 million
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact
- » Two-digit Price Jump in Hotels and Airline Tickets in December
- » Bulgarians can Travel Without Visas in 156 Countries