Financial Supervision Commission Plans Increase in Taxes Paid By Non-Banking Sector
The new Chairwoman of the Financial Supervision Commission Karina Karaivanova is planning a serious increase in taxes paid by pension funds, insurers and the investment community.
Karaivanova has already had meetings with representatives of the non-banking sector.
The goal is for the Commission to become independent from the state budget and for its expenditures to be covered fully by the businesses which it supervises.
The budget of the Commission for 2016 is BGN 10.44 M, while the transfer from the state budget amounts to BGN 3.2 M. The annual proceeds from taxes in 2015 amounted to BGN 5 M
- » Bulgaria's commercial vehicle registrations rise 19% y/y in Jan
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman will Now be Elected by Open Ballot System
- » Bulgarian Was Appointed For Director General of Eurostat
- » Night Public Transport in Sofia from the Spring
- » Parliament removes Valeri Zhablyanov as Deputy Speaker
- » BGN 151m Will Cost the Reconstruction of the Center of Sofia