Bulgaria's Education System Faces Severe Cadre Crisis Due To Retirement of Teachers
Bulgaria’s education system is facing budget difficulties and a severe cadre crisis due to the retirement of teachers.
Since the beginning of 2016, 7,700 teachers have retired and this number is expected to grow to 10,000 by the end of the year. Initial expectations were for fewer than half this number of teachers to retire in 2016.
If this tendency is maintained next year as well, the education system will face a severe shortage of cadres.
Due to the pace of retirement, the budget for the payment of compensations at retirement is insufficient as well, including the two additional monthly wages for August 2016.
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021