Azerbaijan's SOCAR Eyes Entering Bulgarian Oil Products Market
SOCAR is interested in entering the Bulgarian oil products market, the head of the Azerbaijani state-owned oil company has said.
"Talks are underway" with Bulgarian officials, Trend News Agency quotes Murad Heydarov, the head of SOCAR Balkan, as telling reporters.
Heydarov has also described the possibility as a "long-term project".
His statement comes ahead of the fourth meeting of the Azerbaijan-Bulgaria intergovernmental commission on trade, economic, scientific and technical cooperation that is due on September 27-29 in the capital Baku.
Bulgaria plans to receive Azerbaijani gas starting 2020, with talks being held on possible deliveries via the Interconnector Greece-Bulgaria (IGB).
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Will Negotiate the Construction of the Southern Gas Corridor Today in Baku
- » About 2000 Households are Without Power Supply in NW Bulgaria, Due to Strong Wind
- » The EU's Dependence on Gas Imports will Increase to 83% in 2040
- » CEZ: About 5 000 Subscribers in Western Bulgaria Are Still Left Without Power
- » Rising Urges Bulgaria to Meet Nuclear Power Potential
- » Vucic: Construction of Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection Begins in the Summer