Fire Rages in Bulgaria's Strandzha
A strong fire is raging 7 km away from the Turkish border near the Momina tsarkva village.
The fire started at around 16:00 hrs and quickly engulfed the forests near the village. Six fire trucks and 20 volunteers have been sent to the area. The wind, however, is very strong and it is difficult to contain the fire.
“There is no immediate danger to the residents of Momina tsarkva,” stated Sredets Municipality Mayor Ivan Zhabov.
The cause of the fire is not clear yet, but it is possible that the forest was torched as a result of a fire made by illegal migrants as was the case a week ago near another village in Strandzha – Gramatikovo.
The area around Momina tsarkva is considered to be a “highway” for illegal migrants crossing the border.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.