Fire Rages in Bulgaria's Strandzha
A strong fire is raging 7 km away from the Turkish border near the Momina tsarkva village.
The fire started at around 16:00 hrs and quickly engulfed the forests near the village. Six fire trucks and 20 volunteers have been sent to the area. The wind, however, is very strong and it is difficult to contain the fire.
“There is no immediate danger to the residents of Momina tsarkva,” stated Sredets Municipality Mayor Ivan Zhabov.
The cause of the fire is not clear yet, but it is possible that the forest was torched as a result of a fire made by illegal migrants as was the case a week ago near another village in Strandzha – Gramatikovo.
The area around Momina tsarkva is considered to be a “highway” for illegal migrants crossing the border.
- » The Total Income Average Per Household Member During the Q3 of 2017 is 1 431 BGN
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov to Present a Public Lecture on the Subject "Bulgaria, the Balkans, Europe and the World
- » Emergency Measures: Video Recorders and Seat Belts in the Public Transport
- » Bulgarian PM Calls an Extraordinary Meeting due to the Car Crashes Near Lovech
- » Municipalityof Pernik Will Organize the Transport of the Victims of the Severe Catastrophe Near Lovech
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker