Negotiations Held With USA, UK, Poland on Common Defence of Bulgarian Air Space
“Bulgaria’s air space has never been more secure,” stated Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev.
This is how Nenchev commented on the first joint mission with the USA for the defence of Bulgarian air space. Training lasted one week and the old Soviet fighter aircraft MiG 29 and American F-15 took part in it.
“During the week, the air space of Bulgaria was defended better and we had greater security without having to restrict our national sovereignty,” stated Nenchev.
He reminded that negotiations are being held on a similar new mission which will be regulated via a bi-lateral treaty. Talks with the USA and Poland are taking place. The UK has also expressed interest in joint Air Policing
“It depends on us to choose who will replace the Americans for joint Air Policing and, by law, we can decide by ourselves with whom we wish to carry this out. This will be done via a bi-lateral treaty,” added Nenchev.
- » Over 100 Nations to Participate in Army-2017 Forum
- » Today Bulgaria Will Sent the 34th Contingent of the Bulgarian Army to Participate in NATO Mission in Afghanistan
- » Bulgarian Minister of Defense Requests BGN 90M For the Fleet in the Next Budget
- » Interior Minister: Over EUR 57m of European Funds for Border Protection Absorbed
- » Sweden has Made it Clear that it does not Want to Enter NATO
- » Bulgarian Government Decided: More Bulgarian Troops to be Needed in Afghanistan