Negotiations Held With USA, UK, Poland on Common Defence of Bulgarian Air Space
“Bulgaria’s air space has never been more secure,” stated Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev.
This is how Nenchev commented on the first joint mission with the USA for the defence of Bulgarian air space. Training lasted one week and the old Soviet fighter aircraft MiG 29 and American F-15 took part in it.
“During the week, the air space of Bulgaria was defended better and we had greater security without having to restrict our national sovereignty,” stated Nenchev.
He reminded that negotiations are being held on a similar new mission which will be regulated via a bi-lateral treaty. Talks with the USA and Poland are taking place. The UK has also expressed interest in joint Air Policing
“It depends on us to choose who will replace the Americans for joint Air Policing and, by law, we can decide by ourselves with whom we wish to carry this out. This will be done via a bi-lateral treaty,” added Nenchev.
- » The Total Military Budget of NATO Member States is $ 957 billion
- » Defence Budget to Reach 2% of GDP by 2024
- » Russia will Provide Logistics for the Bulgarian MiG-29 until 2022
- » Trump Pushes for New 'Space Force'
- » NATO will Conduct Large-scale Exercises near Russia's Borders in October
- » Erdogan will not Give up on Buying C-400 Systems from Russia