Serbia To Erect Fences at Bulgaria, Macedonia Borders
Serbia, a candidate for accession to the EU, will erect fences at its borders with Bulgaria and Macedonia in order to stop the illegal crossing of thousands of migrants who are trying to reach Europe’s interior, reported Frankfurter Rundschau.
“The time for drastic measures has come,” stated Serbian Labour Minister Aleksandar Vulin.
Until now, Belgrade protected its borders with joint police and military units. Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic was in Burgas yesterday for dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and Hungarian PM Viktor Orban.
- » UK Ambassador to Bulgaria: 'We Want the Same Rules for Everyone after Brexit'
- » Case against MP Mareshki and His Team Will Not Be Over Soon, Prosecution Says
- » 23% Support for GERB and United Patriots Coalition Government
- » Sweden to replace its entire anti-aircraft system
- » Majority of Scots want second EU referendum
- » Albania to hold parliamentary elections Sunday