Serbia To Erect Fences at Bulgaria, Macedonia Borders
Serbia, a candidate for accession to the EU, will erect fences at its borders with Bulgaria and Macedonia in order to stop the illegal crossing of thousands of migrants who are trying to reach Europe’s interior, reported Frankfurter Rundschau.
“The time for drastic measures has come,” stated Serbian Labour Minister Aleksandar Vulin.
Until now, Belgrade protected its borders with joint police and military units. Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic was in Burgas yesterday for dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov and Hungarian PM Viktor Orban.
- » Radev to Putin: Bulgaria and Russia must be Frank with Each Other
- » The Sofia Municipality Plans to Continue the Subway and Connect it to Simeonovski Lift
- » The Calvert Journal: Bulgaria’s Buzludzha Monument Opens its Doors for the First Time in 8 Years
- » More than 65% of Sofia Residents are not Satisfied with the Cleanliness of the City
- » Macedonia Gives Up Paper Money
- » The Guardian: Sweden Distributes 'Be Prepared for War' Leaflet to all 4.8m Homes