Russia's Lavrov Summons Bulgarian Ambassador over UN Top Job Race
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Larvov has invited Bulgaria's Ambassador to Moscow, Boyko Kotsev, to discuss certain "aspects of the activity of the UN," Lavrov's institution says.
The development follows reports in Bulgarian-language media that Germany and Russia had discussed and agreed that Moscow could back a new possible candidate for the UN Secretary General office.
Russia on Sunday refuted claims there had been a deal with Germany, but argued German Chancellor Angela Merkel had tried to broach the issue.
Germany's diplomatic service later fended off claims by Russia, saying "Germany preferrs not to be involved in speculation with regard to other personalities."
- » Putin and Merkel Talk In Sochi about Iran, Ukraine and Nord Stream 2
- » Putin Meets Bulgarian President Radev in Sochi on 22 May
- » North Korea Threatened to Cancel the Trump Meeting
- » Merkel: We will Discuss Serbia-Kosovo Relations in Sofia
- » The Meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un will most likely take Place in Singapore
- » North Korea Released Three Americans from Prison