Russia's Lavrov Summons Bulgarian Ambassador over UN Top Job Race
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Larvov has invited Bulgaria's Ambassador to Moscow, Boyko Kotsev, to discuss certain "aspects of the activity of the UN," Lavrov's institution says.
The development follows reports in Bulgarian-language media that Germany and Russia had discussed and agreed that Moscow could back a new possible candidate for the UN Secretary General office.
Russia on Sunday refuted claims there had been a deal with Germany, but argued German Chancellor Angela Merkel had tried to broach the issue.
Germany's diplomatic service later fended off claims by Russia, saying "Germany preferrs not to be involved in speculation with regard to other personalities."
- » PM Borisov had a Meeting with the Russian Ambassador
- » Borisov Discussed Preparations for the EU-Turkey Meeting with the Turkish Ambassador
- » Bulgarian PM Discussed the Future Turkey-EU Meeting with Turkish Ambassador in Bulgaria - Hasan Ulusoy
- » Bulgaria Plots to Help Turkey Join the EU in Defiant Stand Against Brussels
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will Take Part in the Foreign Affairs Council Today
- » Merkel in Sofia: I Welcome Borissov's Initiative for EC-Turkey Meeting