Plovdiv To Receive Most Prestigious World Award for Tourism
As of Wednesday until September 11, Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, will host one of the most prestigious events in the tourism sphere – the annual awards of the World Federation of Travel Journalists and Writers – FIJET.
The organiser of the forum is Operational Programme Tourism. Journalists from 12 countries, including the UK, France, Romania, Spain, Croatia and Egypt will write about Plovdiv and publish their articles around the world.
The La pomme d'or award – Golden Apple award – is the equivalent of an Oscar in the tourism industry. It will be presented to the Mayor of Plovdiv, Ivan Totev. The Golden Apple award has been presented to more than 50 recipients from 1970 to the present day.
- » The Cheapest Holiday Destination for 2018? Bulgaria.
- » BGN 6.6 Billion is the Income from Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria in January-November 2017
- » Bansko Ski Center is Shut Down Due to Hurricane Wind
- » Amsterdam's Schiphol Scraps Flights as Storm Disrupts Public Transport
- » Number of Tourists From Greece Who Cisited Bulgaria is Over 1 million
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact