Plovdiv To Receive Most Prestigious World Award for Tourism
As of Wednesday until September 11, Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, will host one of the most prestigious events in the tourism sphere – the annual awards of the World Federation of Travel Journalists and Writers – FIJET.
The organiser of the forum is Operational Programme Tourism. Journalists from 12 countries, including the UK, France, Romania, Spain, Croatia and Egypt will write about Plovdiv and publish their articles around the world.
The La pomme d'or award – Golden Apple award – is the equivalent of an Oscar in the tourism industry. It will be presented to the Mayor of Plovdiv, Ivan Totev. The Golden Apple award has been presented to more than 50 recipients from 1970 to the present day.
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort