Plovdiv To Receive Most Prestigious World Award for Tourism
As of Wednesday until September 11, Plovdiv, Bulgaria's second-largest city, will host one of the most prestigious events in the tourism sphere – the annual awards of the World Federation of Travel Journalists and Writers – FIJET.
The organiser of the forum is Operational Programme Tourism. Journalists from 12 countries, including the UK, France, Romania, Spain, Croatia and Egypt will write about Plovdiv and publish their articles around the world.
The La pomme d'or award – Golden Apple award – is the equivalent of an Oscar in the tourism industry. It will be presented to the Mayor of Plovdiv, Ivan Totev. The Golden Apple award has been presented to more than 50 recipients from 1970 to the present day.
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay