Visits to Bulgaria Up 14.7% Y/Y in July
The numbers of arrivals from abroad to Bulgaria increased in July compared to the same month of last year, national statistics show.
Visits paid by foreign nationals were 1.8724 M last month, predominantly (58.3%) with holiday and recreation purposes, according to the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
"Trips with other purposes" (35.2%) ranks second as a purpose of visits paid by foreign nationals in July. This category includes people coming to Bulgaria as guests or using it as a transit destination.
Those who arrived for professional reasons formed 6.5% of the total.
A year-on-year increase was registered in the trips by all observed purposes, the biggest one being in those with professional purpose (by 25.6%), followed by trips with a holiday or recreation purpose (29.6%), and trips with other purposes (4.6%).
EU nationals made up the vast part of visitors to the country in July, with their share standing at 61.3%, or 20.2% compared to July of last year, the NSI has said.
An increase was registered in the visits of citizens from Czech Republic (73.3%), Poland (36.0%), Hungary (34.6%), France (31.1%), and others. At the same time, the visits from Portugal decreased by 13.0%, those by Slovenia dropped by 7.8%, and trips of Slovak nationals fell by 0.8%.
- » Coming Soon The New Book of Peika.bg: "Mystical Walks Around Bulgaria for Extraordinary Travelers!"
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels