Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Increase 10% Y/Y in Q2 2016
The number of Bulgarian citizens making tourist trips increased by 10.3% year-on-year in the second quarter of 2016, reaching 909,100 people, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) announced on Monday.
The majority of Bulgarian citizens, 80.6%, travelled only inside the country in the second quarter, 15.7% travelled only abroad, while 3.6% made trips both in Bulgaria and abroad.
The number of people who travelled only abroad decreased by 20.2%, while those who travelled inside Bulgaria increased by 19.1%.
The number of Bulgarian residents who travelled both in the country and abroad in April-June period of 2016 more than doubled, increasing by 112.4% on the year.
Only Bulgarian residents aged 15 and over are included in the statistical data.
The majority of tourist trips in Bulgaria as well as abroad were for the purpose of holiday and recreation, respectively 42.3% for travel inside Bulgaria and 68.8% for outbound trips, the NSI said citing preliminary data.
Business trips accounted for 11.9% of the trips of Bulgarian citizens inside the country and 7.5% of trips abroad.
Food costs had the highest share in spending by Bulgarian tourists travelling on domestic trips (34.8%), while transport costs had the highest share for tourists travelling abroad (35.4%).
A Bulgarian traveller on a private trip an average of BGN 130.64 inside the country and BGN 492.81 on a trip abroad, according to the NSI survey.
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay