Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
A Code Yellow weather alert has been issued over expected thunderstorms and hail for eight regions of Western Bulgaria for Monday, public radio broadcaster bTV has reported.
The afternoon will bring rainfall with thunders and gusts of winds from the northwest to Sofia City and the regions of Sofia, Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Vidin, Montana and Vratsa.
Air temperature in those regions is forecast to drop to 28-29 degress Celsius on Monday.
The weather will remain mostly sunny in the rest of the country, with air temperature expected at about 31-31 degrees Celsius. Maximum air temperatures along the Black Sea coast will be around 30 - 33 degrees on Monday, sea water temperature about 26 degrees.
Rain and thunderstorms will move east to reach central and northeastern Bulgaria early on Tuesday.
- » Contaminated Air has a Detrimental Effect on Adolescent Psyche
- » Fourth Quarter in the Capital Protests Against the Air Pollution
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures of 13-18°C
- » 150 New Trees were Planted in the Lauta Park in Plovdiv
- » Scientists Found Microorganisms in Antarctica that were Thought to be Unable to Live on Earth
- » NIMH: Sunny Weather with Maximum Temperatures of 10-15°C