Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
Thirteen irregular migrants were detained in a BMW station wagon on Trakia Motorway near the city of Pazardzhik on Wednesday, the Ministry of the Interior said.
The migrants, all males appearing to be between 13 and 30 years old, claimed to be Afghan citizens. They carried no identity documents with them, the ministry said.
The car driver, a 34-year old Bulgarian national identified only as A.D., ignored police orders to pull over for inspection and attempted to drive away. Police stopped the car after a seven-kilometre chase on the motorway in the direction of Sofia.
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria