Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
Thirteen irregular migrants were detained in a BMW station wagon on Trakia Motorway near the city of Pazardzhik on Wednesday, the Ministry of the Interior said.
The migrants, all males appearing to be between 13 and 30 years old, claimed to be Afghan citizens. They carried no identity documents with them, the ministry said.
The car driver, a 34-year old Bulgarian national identified only as A.D., ignored police orders to pull over for inspection and attempted to drive away. Police stopped the car after a seven-kilometre chase on the motorway in the direction of Sofia.
- » EUR 85,500 were Seized at Sofia Airport
- » Corpse of a Woman Without Head, Arms and Legs was Found in Copenhagen
- » Customs Officers Discovered Nearly 1kg of Contraband Gold Jewelry in a Secret Compartment of a Truck
- » Young Girl Found Dead in Elevator in Burgas
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering