Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
Thirteen irregular migrants were detained in a BMW station wagon on Trakia Motorway near the city of Pazardzhik on Wednesday, the Ministry of the Interior said.
The migrants, all males appearing to be between 13 and 30 years old, claimed to be Afghan citizens. They carried no identity documents with them, the ministry said.
The car driver, a 34-year old Bulgarian national identified only as A.D., ignored police orders to pull over for inspection and attempted to drive away. Police stopped the car after a seven-kilometre chase on the motorway in the direction of Sofia.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses