Bulgaria Detains 13 Irregular Migrants near Border with Turkey
The Bulgarian border police have detained 13 irregular migrants in a passenger car driven by a Bulgarian citizen in the vicinity of Svilengrad, close to the border with Turkey.
Border police spotted the Audi station wagon between the villages of Sladuna and Studena on Tuesday. They ordered the driver to stop for inspection but he disobeyed and tried to escape.
The 35-year old driver was later arrested after a chase.
The 13 migrants left behind in the car – four men, three women and six children - carried no identity documents. All of them claimed to be Syrian citizens, the Ministry of the Interior said in a statemen5t on Wednesday.
The ministry also said that border police at Elhovo Regional Directorate have thwarted 12 attempts of a total of 220 irregular migrants to enter Bulgaria from Turkey over the past 24 hours.
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria
- » Bomb Exploded in front of a Police Station in Sweden
- » 2 Police Officers Arrested and Charged with Drug Distribution and Taking Bribes
- » Turkey Arrests 4 People Over Explosion at Tupras Refinery
- » 73-year-old Man gave BGN 100 000 to Telephone Scammers in Sofia
- » The Police Arrested a Commander from Islamic State in Special Operation in Sofia (Video)