Bulgaria’s Revenue from Hotel Overnights Up 29% Y/Y in June 2016
Bulgaria’s revenue from overnights at hotels, motels and other short-term accommodation facilities increased by 28.6% year-on-year in June 2016, reaching BGN 163.7 M, the country’s statistical office NSI announced on Wednesday.
Overnights spent at all registered accommodation facilities increased by 23.2% to a total of 3.58 million.
There were 2,756 accommodation establishments - hotels, motels, camping sites, mountain chalets and other places for short-term accommodation with more than 10 beds each in June 2016. The total number of the rooms in them was 125,800 with a total of279,500 beds.
In comparison with June 2015 the number of places for short-term accommodation in Bulgaria rose by 0.9% and the number of beds in them increased by 3.9%.
The occupancy rate of beds was 44.8% in June 2016, increasing by 6.6 percentage points as compared to the same month of 2015.
- » BGN 6.6 Billion is the Income from Foreign Tourists in Bulgaria in January-November 2017
- » Bansko Ski Center is Shut Down Due to Hurricane Wind
- » Amsterdam's Schiphol Scraps Flights as Storm Disrupts Public Transport
- » Number of Tourists From Greece Who Cisited Bulgaria is Over 1 million
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact
- » Two-digit Price Jump in Hotels and Airline Tickets in December