Bulgaria Wins Praise for Achievements in Fighting HIV/AIDS
Bulgaria has achieved impressive results in its fight against HIV/AIDS, according to Sandra Irbe, Portfolio Manager for Bulgaria at the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Bulgarian public radio broadcaster BNR reported on Thursday.
There were 2,337 HIV-positive people registered in Bulgaria as of May 5, 2016 and 854 people received anti-retroviral treatment as of April 2016, BNR said.
The radio quoted Sandra Irbe as saying that if the authorities want to sustain their achievements in the fight against HIV/AIDS, they should provide funding for various programmes after the Global Fund withdraws from Bulgaria in the autumn.
According to Sandra Irbe, Bulgaria can receive funds from the Global Fund in the future only if projects are implemented in partnership with other countries.
- » A Large Scale Forum will Discuss Double Standards in Food on April 30th
- » Western Clinics Avoid Accepting Bulgarians
- » Flu Kills 37 In Romania Year To Date
- » Health Minister is Preparing New Health Insurance Model
- » Municipal Hospitals are Planning New Protests
- » Dentists Urge the State to Fund the Treatment of Children, Pregnant Women and Emergency Cases