Nearly Third of Bulgarians Aged 25-54 Attained Higher Education - Eurostat
Some 28.9% of Bulgarians aged 25-54 have completed higher education, close to the EU-28 average level, data from EU statistics body Eurostat shows.
The percentage is higher than the one for Germany (28,3%), the Czech Republic (24.5%), Croatia (25%), Italy (19.1%), Romania (19.6%) or Slovakia (23.5%). It is lower than in countries such as Belgium (40%), Estonia (38.9%), Ireland (46.8%) or the United Kingdom (43.8%).
Bulgarians with "medium education" in this age group are 54.2%, while those with "low" level of education are 16.9%.
The share of Bulgarians with higher education in this age group is higher than among those aged 55-74, where the percentage is 20.8.
In this latter group, the share of people with a low level of education is 27.8% and those with a "medium" level are 51.4%.
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021
- » Students From the EU 'to get £13,000 Brexit Loans From the UK