Nearly Third of Bulgarians Aged 25-54 Attained Higher Education - Eurostat
Some 28.9% of Bulgarians aged 25-54 have completed higher education, close to the EU-28 average level, data from EU statistics body Eurostat shows.
The percentage is higher than the one for Germany (28,3%), the Czech Republic (24.5%), Croatia (25%), Italy (19.1%), Romania (19.6%) or Slovakia (23.5%). It is lower than in countries such as Belgium (40%), Estonia (38.9%), Ireland (46.8%) or the United Kingdom (43.8%).
Bulgarians with "medium education" in this age group are 54.2%, while those with "low" level of education are 16.9%.
The share of Bulgarians with higher education in this age group is higher than among those aged 55-74, where the percentage is 20.8.
In this latter group, the share of people with a low level of education is 27.8% and those with a "medium" level are 51.4%.
- » Sofia University Starts Protests after January 22nd
- » Digital Map will Provide Information About Schools in Sofia
- » This Bulgarian Business School Offers Bitcoin Scholarships
- » Number of Students in Bulgaria Decreased by 17% Due to the Low Birth rates and Migration
- » Newly Appointed Young Teachers have Increased more than 4 Times
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria