Bulgarian Police Detain 65 Migrants in Sofia
Police in Sofia have detained 65 migrants carrying no identity documents in less than 24 hours, the Bulgarian Ministry of the Interior announced on Wednesday.
Eight migrants claiming to be of Afghan origin were detained on Tuesday night in an area of central Sofia frequented by migrants and refugees.
Another 57 foreign nationals including women and children were detained at several locations in the Bulgarian capital on Wednesday morning. Police is working to establish the identity and nationality of those people suspected of illegally residing in Bulgaria, according to the statement.
Police conducted the operation jointly with gendarmerie patrols.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses