Bulgarian Police Detain 65 Migrants in Sofia
Police in Sofia have detained 65 migrants carrying no identity documents in less than 24 hours, the Bulgarian Ministry of the Interior announced on Wednesday.
Eight migrants claiming to be of Afghan origin were detained on Tuesday night in an area of central Sofia frequented by migrants and refugees.
Another 57 foreign nationals including women and children were detained at several locations in the Bulgarian capital on Wednesday morning. Police is working to establish the identity and nationality of those people suspected of illegally residing in Bulgaria, according to the statement.
Police conducted the operation jointly with gendarmerie patrols.
- » Number of Crimes Registered In Sofia Down
- » Migrant Smuggling Network Dismantled Near Dunav Bridge Checkpoint
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.