Bulgarian Police Detain 65 Migrants in Sofia
Police in Sofia have detained 65 migrants carrying no identity documents in less than 24 hours, the Bulgarian Ministry of the Interior announced on Wednesday.
Eight migrants claiming to be of Afghan origin were detained on Tuesday night in an area of central Sofia frequented by migrants and refugees.
Another 57 foreign nationals including women and children were detained at several locations in the Bulgarian capital on Wednesday morning. Police is working to establish the identity and nationality of those people suspected of illegally residing in Bulgaria, according to the statement.
Police conducted the operation jointly with gendarmerie patrols.
- » Nearly 100 000 Leva are Stolen from an ATM in Pleven
- » 10 Officials of Automobile Administration Agency Detained over Corruption
- » 175 illegal Migrants Caught at the Bulgarian Border in March
- » NYT: Toronto Van Driver Kills at Least 10 People
- » Smuggling of Cigarettes in Bulgaria is Currently 6.6%
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria