Bulgaria to Issue Only Three Types of Refugee Registration Cards
Bulgaria’s government has cut to three from five the types of registration cards issued by the State Agency for Refugees.
The change is in line with amendments to the Law on Asylum and Refugees adopted last year with the aim to transpose EU rules for common procedures for granting and withdrawing international protection into domestic legislation, the government said in a statement after a weekly meeting on Wednesday.
The government agency will issue separate registration cards to asylum seekers, foreign nationals applying for international protection, and foreign nationals granted temporary protection in Bulgaria.
The authorities will no longer issue registration cards to foreign citizens awaiting a decision in Bulgaria which country has to consider their application for refugee status, and those who apply for a fast-track procedure for receiving refugee status.
- » A Bulgarian Horo is Going to Take Place For the 5th Time on Brussels’ Central Square
- » Iliana Iotova: ‘We All Need to Unite For Successful EU Presidency
- » Deputy PM Denitsa Zlateva: Caretaker Government Set the Preparations For EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria Starts to Implement New System For Organic Products’s Certification
- » Vera Jourova: EC Has Not Promised to Lift Monitoring on Bulgaria in 2019
- » EC Criticizes Bulgaria Over Accepting Few Immigrants