Bulgaria to Issue Only Three Types of Refugee Registration Cards
Bulgaria’s government has cut to three from five the types of registration cards issued by the State Agency for Refugees.
The change is in line with amendments to the Law on Asylum and Refugees adopted last year with the aim to transpose EU rules for common procedures for granting and withdrawing international protection into domestic legislation, the government said in a statement after a weekly meeting on Wednesday.
The government agency will issue separate registration cards to asylum seekers, foreign nationals applying for international protection, and foreign nationals granted temporary protection in Bulgaria.
The authorities will no longer issue registration cards to foreign citizens awaiting a decision in Bulgaria which country has to consider their application for refugee status, and those who apply for a fast-track procedure for receiving refugee status.
- » Ska Keller: Many Bulgarians have Apologized to me Personally Because of Deputy PM Simeonov
- » DW: Bulgaria and Romania Push to Join EU's Schengen Area
- » Marie-Christine Vergiat: The Teaming Between Bulgarian and Turkish Border Guards is Disturbing
- » Bulgaria is at the Last Places in the European Union in People Working in the Field of Culture
- » Le Point: Mariya Gabriel is One of the Most Actively Working Commissioners
- » Informal Meeting of EU Foreign Ministers Starts Today in Sofia