Bulgaria to Issue Only Three Types of Refugee Registration Cards
Bulgaria’s government has cut to three from five the types of registration cards issued by the State Agency for Refugees.
The change is in line with amendments to the Law on Asylum and Refugees adopted last year with the aim to transpose EU rules for common procedures for granting and withdrawing international protection into domestic legislation, the government said in a statement after a weekly meeting on Wednesday.
The government agency will issue separate registration cards to asylum seekers, foreign nationals applying for international protection, and foreign nationals granted temporary protection in Bulgaria.
The authorities will no longer issue registration cards to foreign citizens awaiting a decision in Bulgaria which country has to consider their application for refugee status, and those who apply for a fast-track procedure for receiving refugee status.
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria
- » Maria Gabriel: 'No One in Brussels Knows About the Scandal in Relation to NDK'
- » It is Expected Italy to Confirm its Position About Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen
- » Bulgarian Leaders to Take Place in a Trilateral Summit in Thessaloniki