Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June
The number of trips of Bulgarian residents abroad increased by 20.7% year-on-year last month, reaching 565,200, the country’s statistical office NSI announced on Wednesday.
Travel with the purpose of visiting friends and relatives, studying abroad or attending cultural and sport events had the largest share in the total number of trips of Bulgarian residents abroad in June 2016, 41.8%.
Trips with holiday and recreation purposesfollowedwith 32.6%,and trips with business purpose had a share of 25.6%.
In June 2016, the number of arrivals of visitors from abroad to Bulgaria was 1.355 million, marking an annual increase of 19.5%.
An increase of61.4%, was registered in the number of foreign nationals’visits with business purpose. Trips with holiday and recreation purpose increased by 24.6% year-on-year, while the trips with other purposes remained little changed compared with June 2015.
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort