Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June
The number of trips of Bulgarian residents abroad increased by 20.7% year-on-year last month, reaching 565,200, the country’s statistical office NSI announced on Wednesday.
Travel with the purpose of visiting friends and relatives, studying abroad or attending cultural and sport events had the largest share in the total number of trips of Bulgarian residents abroad in June 2016, 41.8%.
Trips with holiday and recreation purposesfollowedwith 32.6%,and trips with business purpose had a share of 25.6%.
In June 2016, the number of arrivals of visitors from abroad to Bulgaria was 1.355 million, marking an annual increase of 19.5%.
An increase of61.4%, was registered in the number of foreign nationals’visits with business purpose. Trips with holiday and recreation purpose increased by 24.6% year-on-year, while the trips with other purposes remained little changed compared with June 2015.
- » Bansko Ski Center is Shut Down Due to Hurricane Wind
- » Amsterdam's Schiphol Scraps Flights as Storm Disrupts Public Transport
- » Number of Tourists From Greece Who Cisited Bulgaria is Over 1 million
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact
- » Two-digit Price Jump in Hotels and Airline Tickets in December
- » Bulgarians can Travel Without Visas in 156 Countries