Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 21% Y/Y in June
The number of trips of Bulgarian residents abroad increased by 20.7% year-on-year last month, reaching 565,200, the country’s statistical office NSI announced on Wednesday.
Travel with the purpose of visiting friends and relatives, studying abroad or attending cultural and sport events had the largest share in the total number of trips of Bulgarian residents abroad in June 2016, 41.8%.
Trips with holiday and recreation purposesfollowedwith 32.6%,and trips with business purpose had a share of 25.6%.
In June 2016, the number of arrivals of visitors from abroad to Bulgaria was 1.355 million, marking an annual increase of 19.5%.
An increase of61.4%, was registered in the number of foreign nationals’visits with business purpose. Trips with holiday and recreation purpose increased by 24.6% year-on-year, while the trips with other purposes remained little changed compared with June 2015.
- » Over 11% Growth in International Tourism Revenues During the Winter in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects up to 10% more Tourists in the Summer
- » Staro Stefanovo - a Bulgarian Renaissance Fairy Tale near Lovech
- » Airlines Fear Wave of Compensation Claims After EU Court Ruling
- » Sunny Beach Topped a Global Ranking for Destinations that Offer Quality Bargain Vacation
- » Air France Cancels Flights Due to Another Strike Over Pay