Bulgaria to Set up Advisory National Food Board
Bulgaria will establish an advisory body to coordinate the state policy in the food sector, the government has decided.
The new National Food Board will bring together representatives of the state, producers and consumers, according to a draft Law on Food adopted by the government on Wednesday.
Under the proposed legislation, procedures will be introduced for the registration or approval of facilities for the production, processing and distribution of food to safeguard consumers’ interests, the government said in a statement.
The new law will regulate the general and specific requirements for foods offered on the market and the requirements for business operators in the food sector.
The new law will also introduce tougher penalties for violations of food safety regulations as well as measures for enhanced control of the efficiency of imposed sanctions.
Special attention will be paid to the terms and conditions for the launch of sales of special foods and food supplements in Bulgaria as well as the requirements for online trade in foods, according to the statement.
- » The Project for National Healthcare Card in Bulgaria is Ready
- » "Exercise in Your Town" - Sports Initiative in Sofia This Saturday
- » 46 People have Died of Measles in Romania
- » 719 Thousand Bulgarians Have no Health Insurance
- » BBC: Yulia Skripal is Conscious and Talking
- » National Blood Donation Campaign Will Take Place on the Bulgarian Palm Sunday