U.S. Delegation Visits Bulgarian Arms Maker VMZ Sopot to Discuss Expansion of Ties
A delegation including representatives of the Pentagon, U.S. partner companies of VMZ Sopot visited the company to discuss opportunities to expand partnership with the leading Bulgarian arms maker, the Economy Ministry announced on Tuesday.
The U.S.rely on quality ammunition produced in Bulgaria, the Project Manager of Maneuver Ammunition Systems, PEO Ammunition, Colonel Moises Gutierrez said, according to a statement from the ministry.
The ammunition manufactured at VMZ Sopot is extremely important for the missions held in Afghanistan and Iraq and the fight against the Islamic State group, Gutierrez added.
- » Exports of Bulgarian Wine Decreased More than 3 Times Over a Decade
- » FLYING Cars will be in the Air Within the Next Five Years
- » Taxi Companies From Plovdiv Want Changes in the Road Transport Act
- » Iraq Seeks $88.2 bln For Reconstruction
- » Appeals Threaten to Delay Greek-Bulgarian Pipeline
- » Gazprom Set an Absolute Record for European Gas Exports in 2017