NY Times: By Bulgaria's Beautiful Black Sea
It wouldn't be surprising if the Bulgarian Black Sea coast becomes "the new 'hot' destination in Eastern Europe," according to a New York Times article.
"With its abundance of inexpensive lodging, fantastic seafood and gorgeous (free) beaches," combined with "some good round-trip airfares from the United States to [the capital] Sofia" are among the advantages that the author, Lucas Peterson, points out when describing a few days' trip he took along the coast.
The area is "steeped in history," with southern Bulgarian towns of Nessebar and Sozopol bearing a "deep sense of the past" dating back to the Thracian era and subsequently to Greek colonizers.
The story is available here.
- » 'Bulgaria Phone Scammers Rob, Blackmail Elderly'
- » NY Times: Bulgaria Grows Uneasy as Trump Complicates Ties to Russia
- » NY Times: As Support for EU Flags Elsewhere, Bulgaria Sees Its Benefits
- » DW: German Businesses Prefer Trade with Bulgaria over Investment
- » The Economist: Bulgaria, Moldova Presidents 'Less Pro-Russian Than Advertised'
- » AFP: Bulgaria's Radev 'Struck a Chord by Attacking the Status Quo'