Motorway Crash Injures 21 Migrants in Bulgaria
A cargo vehicle tumbled over over the weekend, leaving twenty-one migrants injured on Trakia motorway, police say.
Six of them were hospitalized with multiple traumas.
The vehicle, en route to Sofia, hit the containment parapet between the two lanes on Saturday afternoon.
It had Sofia license plates, according to police officials quoted by Focus News Agency.
The migrants, who claimed to be from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq (but had no identity documents), were found in the bodywork.
The driver, however, was missing from the scene.
- » Area Near Hospital in Central Sofia Sealed Off after Grenades Found
- » British Boy in Severe Condition after Jacuzzi Incident in Bulgaria
- » Water Supply to Be Cut in Some Sofia Neighborhoods on Monday
- » Minor Quake Felt near Bulgaria's Strazhitsa
- » Turkey's Western Coast Hit by Strong Quake Felt in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Woman Dies as Tunnel Lamp Falls on Car