Bulgaria Expects 10% Rise in Tourist Numbers in Summer 2016
The number of tourists visiting Bulgaria in summer is expected to increase by 10% this year, Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova has said.
An estimated 4.6 million tourists are expected to visit Bulgaria this summer, compared with 4.2 million in 2015, Angelkova told bTV broadcaster on Sunday.
An annual increase of 20 to 30 percent in the number of Russian tourists has been recorded to date this summer, alongside with a rise of 20% in the number of tourists from France and Germany and a 10% increase in the number of UK tourists, Angelkova said.
Angelkova recommended to Bulgarian tourists visiting Turkey to follow closely the instructions announced by the foreign ministry in Sofia in the wake of the failed coup attempt in the neighbouring country on 15 July.
The ministry has advised Bulgarian citizens travelling to Turkey to register on its website of the to make their whereabouts known to the diplomatic authorities.
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort