Hundreds of Migrants 'Reached Belgrade via Bulgaria' Last Week
Up to 300 migrants reached Belgrade on a daily basis after having crossed into Serbia from Bulgaria, a non-profit says.
Info Park, an NGO that deals with feeding migrants who aren't registered with Serbian authorities, say a minimum of 50 people did so every day last week.
The development comes as Serbia announced it was setting up joint army and police forces to deploy them to the borders with Macedonia and Bulgaria.
Bulgaria's Interior Ministry estimates, quoted by news website Dnevnik.bg, suggest as many as 254 "third-country nationals" were detained last week while trying to enter Serbia.
Of these, 145 were neither detected while crossing into Bulgaria nor registered with the State Agency for Refugees.
- » Erdoğan's Call For Peace a Positive Step, Greece Says
- » Kosovo Ready for Council of Europe Membership Bid
- » Syrians in Turkey Continue to Return Home
- » Kosovo Moves to Establish Army Bypassing Serb veto
- » Fears of Escalation in Tensions After Erdogan Calls Snap Polls
- » Turkey's Ever-Closer Ties with Russia Leave US Lacking Key Ally on Syria