Nearly Two Million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria in Jan-May 2016
Nearly two million foreign tourists visited Bulgaria in the first five months of this year, which represented an increase of nearly 14 % compared to the same period in 2015.
This was announced by Bulgarian Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova through a publication on her Facebook profile on Thursday.
Angelkova stated that the year starts well for Bulgarian tourism and the figures of tour operators showed that a successful season is expected, with increase to be recorded in the number of visitors from almost all important markets.
According to data of border police and estimates based on the number of issued visas, the increase in the number of Russian tourists was 30 %.
The tourism minister added that forecasts predict 20 % increase in the number of visitors from Germany and Poland, while the growth of Israeli tourists is expected to be 15 %. The growth for other markets is expected to range between 10 % and 15 %.
Angelkova revealed that there was 34 % increase in the number of tourists visiting the region of Dobrich, while the corresponding figures for the regions of Varna and Burgas were respectively 23 % and 18 %.
- » Wizz Air Orders 146 New Planes worth $17.2bn And Announces New Routes From Sofia
- » Minister Angelkova: We have Always Supported the Construction of a 2nd Lift in Bansko
- » Violations in Bulgarian Winter Resorts Decreased
- » Bulgaria and Russia will Offer Joint Cruises in the Black Sea
- » In September 2017, 72.7% of All Nights Spent by Foreign Citizens Were Realized in 4 and 5 Star Hotels
- » Protesters Want a Second Lift in Bansko Winter Resort