Nearly Two Million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria in Jan-May 2016
Nearly two million foreign tourists visited Bulgaria in the first five months of this year, which represented an increase of nearly 14 % compared to the same period in 2015.
This was announced by Bulgarian Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova through a publication on her Facebook profile on Thursday.
Angelkova stated that the year starts well for Bulgarian tourism and the figures of tour operators showed that a successful season is expected, with increase to be recorded in the number of visitors from almost all important markets.
According to data of border police and estimates based on the number of issued visas, the increase in the number of Russian tourists was 30 %.
The tourism minister added that forecasts predict 20 % increase in the number of visitors from Germany and Poland, while the growth of Israeli tourists is expected to be 15 %. The growth for other markets is expected to range between 10 % and 15 %.
Angelkova revealed that there was 34 % increase in the number of tourists visiting the region of Dobrich, while the corresponding figures for the regions of Varna and Burgas were respectively 23 % and 18 %.
- » First Flight of the Baku-Sofia Airplane is Already a Fact
- » Two-digit Price Jump in Hotels and Airline Tickets in December
- » Bulgarians can Travel Without Visas in 156 Countries
- » Bulgaria Expects Tourist Flow with Azerbaijan to Rise
- » 10 Reasons To Visit Bulgaria In 2018
- » IT Failure at Frankfurt Airport Could Disrupt Flights