World Rowing Champ Named Bulgarian Athlete of 2002
Sports | December 20, 2002, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
Bulgarian sports journalists named Rumyana Neikova, world rowing champion in the women's single sculls, a Bulgarian athlete of 2002. Neikova was presented Athlete of the Year table-top sculpture by President Parvanov.After a 18-month break Neikova put a fresh start to her career with a victory in the Henley Royal Regatta. Gold medals at Luzern World Cup, World Rowing Championships in Seville and the Boston Regatta followed. Neikova, who won all competitions during the season, garnered 1,502 points and topped the 45th poll, followed by wrestler Armen Nazarian (1,361 points) and short track skater Evgenia Radanova (1,090 points). National football team coach Plamen Markov was named Coach of the Year.Sports » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Become Part of the World Team Against Australia
- » The Movement in the Center Sofia will be Limited Because of Installation of Christmas Decoration
- » The Match of the Season for Ludogorets in Europe
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)